This cake made for friend Birthday.
1 slice 8" sponge cake
Cream Cheese Mixture
400g fresh milk
250g cream cheese
60g plain flour, sieved.
5 egg yolk
5 egg whites
55g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180deg. line a 8" round cake tin with grease proof paper and put in a piece of prepared sponge cake.
2. Double-boil fresh milk and cream cheese until dissolved. Add plain flour, stir and cook until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Add B and stir well.
3. Whisk C at high speed until soft peak is formed. Slowly mix in mixture (2).
4. Strain the cheese mixture on top of sponge cake.
5. Stream bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 140 degree C and bake for another 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cooked.
6. Leave cake to cool in the oven with door ajar 1 hour. Chill in the Fridge for 4 hours. Remove cake from tin and place onto a cake board. Cut into pieces and serve.
Recipes from 芝味十足 by Chef Alan Kok